Keri Strand has been a certified personal trainer with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) since 2006.
She has trained at the top fitness clubs in the country, including Equinox Fitness Gyms in Miami. Equinox is recognized as an industry leader in personal training as well as personal training education.
She continually seeks ways to make herself a better trainer - including working to complete her Exercise Physiology degree at the University of Miami.
As well as experience with traditional weight lifting tools, she also has the following certifications or classes:
- TRX suspension training
- Power Plate
- Pre/post natal
- FMS (Functional Movement Screening)
- Perform Better Functional Movement Conference 2010
- Over 100 hours of classroom time studies in Anatomy, Kinesiology, Physiology, Flexibility, Cardiovascular Health, etc.
She is also qualified to give an in-depth fitness assessment which includes the following:
- Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (also known as PAR-Q)
- Goal Setting
- Initial Weigh In
- Body Fat Analysis
- Flexibility Screening
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS)
- Nutrition Counseling
- Customized Programming
- Corrective Exercise Program
She regularly reassesses her clients to track progress and changes their exercise programs as needed.
She wants ensure her clients are always progressing and that their workouts never get boring. She implements many tools of the trade to ensure this.